SFC Farmers' Market Downtown
- Abierto todo el año, llueve, truene o relampaguee
- Sábados de 9 am a 1 pm
- Republic Square Park, 422 Guadalupe St, 78701
This market started in 2003 and is the queen bee of the SFC Farmers’ Market system. Featuring dozens of farmers and award-winning food artisans, this market is a must see for newcomers and regulars. Situated in the picturesque Republic Square Park and on the new cosmopolitan Federal Courthouse Plaza, there is a café under the Auction Oak, live music, and plenty of room to picnic.
Available at the SFC Farmers' Market Downtown
- SNAP Lonestar cards and WIC EBT cards accepted.
- Double Dollars Program is available here. Our Double Dollars program allows families and individuals who receive SNAP (formerly food stamps), WIC EBT fruit and vegetable benefits, and/or FMNP vouchers to double the dollar amount that they can spend on fruits and vegetables at the market. Eligible shoppers are matched dollar for dollar up to $20 each week, per program. Double Dollars is valid only for the purchase of fruits and vegetables. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
- Taste the Place veggie sampling.
- ATM on site.
- Cafe seating.
- Live music on the plaza.
There is limited free parking in the surface lot adjacent to the market and at the City Hall parking garage 2 blocks south of the market. The State Parking Garage next to Republic Square Park is $3 for the entire day if you enter between 7am to 11am. Street parking is free before 11am on Saturdays and then is subject to city pay parking rates.
General rule of thumb for avoiding traffic or street closures coming to Downtown market:
From I-35 traveling to the west to get to the market: Go to MLK exit, take MLK to go westbound. Go all the way to (almost) Guadalupe, but turn in the slight branch-off of the street to your left to access Guadalupe. Continue down Guadalupe to 4th and 3rd Streets to get into your favorite parking spaces (including the free 700-space State Parking Garage at 3rd and San Antonio).
From from Mopac (Hwy 1) traveling to the east: Take Cesar Chavez/5th Street exit. Take 5th Street just several blocks to Guadalupe, and turn right. Go to Third Street, and turn right again. Find one of your favorite parking spaces next to the market, in the LAZ parking lot (top 1/2 only!) or in the free 700-space State Parking Garage at 3rd and San Antonio.